COUNTY LOGO no backaround


Big Lakes Family & Community Services

Q.         Where are the Big Lakes FCS offices and what are the hours of work?
Kinuso-   In Town Office
Phone: 780-775-3666.  
Monday's and Wednesday's from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday's from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Faust – Fire Hall.
Phone: 780-355-3896. 
Monday and Thursday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Joussard – Municipal Services Facility
Phone: 780-776-3811.  
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Grouard – Fire Hall
Phone: 780-751-3806. 
Monday & Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.


Enilda – Fire Hall
Phone: 780- 523-5925. 
Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

High Prairie – on the second floor of the Moostoos Building.
Phone: 780-536-0062. 
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

FCS Director – Louise Myre 780-776-0008

Q.         Do I need an appointment?
A.         To avoid waiting time or time conflict with a pre-booked client an appointment helps both you and staff deal with your needs in a timely manner. Certain times of the year staff are very busy.

Q.         What do Outreach Workers do?

A.         Outreach Workers are in the communities to assist residents of the M.D. of Big Lakes, and the Town of High Prairie.  They assist with government forms, provide resource information, refer residents to other agencies and do tax returns for low income residents.  They also act as an advocate for residents when they deal with various government departments.  

Q.         What kinds of forms do they help with?
A.         Applications for AISH, CPP, Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Alberta Senior Benefit, Aids to Daily Living, RRAP, EARP, HASI, Alberta Special Needs Grants for Seniors, Alberta Blue Cross, Passport Applications, etc.  If the form you require is not listed, rest assured that they will do their best to assist you.

Q.         Why will FCS not offer services to residents of Reserves and Settlements?
A.         Big Lakes FCS does not offer Reserve and Settlement residents services because the Reserves and Settlements receive government Family & Community Support Services funding to establish their own FCSS services.

Q.         Why do the Outreach Offices close during July and August each year?
A.         Due to budget limitations most FCS Outreach staff only work 10 months of the year. The exception is the High Prairie office which is open year round except for staff vacation time.

Q.         What do I do if I need help during July and August when the offices are closed?
A.         The High Prairie Office is open through the summer.  Please call 780-536-0062

Q.         How do I get help if I am disabled or sick and cannot get to the FCS office?
A.         Staff will come to your home if you are unable to come to the office due to sickness, disability or age.

Q.         What else do these workers do?
A.         Each Outreach office provides special events for their community.  They all have Family Day activities, special events during Seniors Week, Volunteer Appreciation activities and Christmas Angel Programs.

Q.         I need help cleaning my home.  What is Home Support?
A.         Home Support is a light housekeeping service available to residents for an income based fee.  This is a subsidized service for disabled and seniors who need assistance so they can remain in their own homes.  Contact your community Outreach Worker to apply for Home Support.  Fees start at $5.00 per hour.  Clients are billed monthly. We do not provide heavy cleaning and home support staff will not attend if the client is not present.

Q.         Why is there a fee for Home Support?
A.         Due to a limited budget, FCS has to charge a fee.  Home Support workers are paid mileage to and from the client’s home as well as an hourly wage.  The program is heavily subsidized.

Q.         Youth Programs?
A.         FCS makes every effort to deliver youth programs in Grouard, Enilda, Joussard and Faust.

Q.            Newsletters- What can we include?

A.            Our newsletters are intended to provide MD and FCS information – including upcoming events, pertinent MD notices, health information and community organization news. Due to F.O.I.P. regulations we cannot accept personal greetings such as birthday wishes, and M.D. policy requires that we do not advertise for businesses and individuals.